Once again we are back in the kitchen!
We are huge Italian fans. We are in the processes of saving our coins to go to Italy next year (future blog on how we did it coming one day ). Italian has so many simple, but flavorful dishes. The meals are beyond filling, and you can guarantee leftovers. One of my husbands favorite thing to order at an Italian restaurant is any manicotti or cannelloni stuffed dishes. That was my inspiration to start trying to make a few at home.
Making this dish was a complete leap of faith. I knew our taste preference and with some liquor courage I was excited to see what I could come up with. Below is the cheesy yummies, that had my husband giving sweet kisses when he cleaned his plate.
- 1 box of Manicotti rolls
- 1 pack Mozzarella (2 cups)
- 1 pack Parmesan (2 cups)
- 1 half container of ricotta (about 4 oz.)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- 1 can of marinara
Let’s Get Busy
- Boil your manicotti rolls
- Cook your ground beef (Italian sausage works well also)
- While your manicotti rolls are boiling, mixed your cooked ground beef, 1 cup of mozzarella, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, two eggs, 2 tablespoons of marinara and ricotta cheese
- Once your manicotti rolls are done boiling, run them under cold water and let cool.
- Once cool, stuff your rolls with your ground beef mixture
- In a long 13×9 pan cover the bottom with Marinara sauce
- Then place your rolls with small space in between
- Cover your rolls with marinara and top with the rest of your cheese
- Bake covered for 30 mins and then uncover and back for an additional 15
This is a perfect dishes for potlucks in the office or pre-prep dinner that the sitter can just pop in the oven. I do not even want to think about the calorie count for this dish, but live on the wild side and run later 🙂
Tag us in your awesome creations on Instagram @jade.rikki ,Twitter @jadeandrikki and we can also see the yummy creations if you use the hashtag #jadeandrikki. Feel free to email us, or comment below if you have questions or want us to try out one of your favorite cookie recipes.
Until Next Time,