WOW, is all we can say. We first launched our blog on Valentines day (2-14-16) and never imagined so many people would be interested in our “Simple Life.” We discussed for years about starting a blog. When Jade left for law enforcement training it gave me ideal time to start planning (serious bestie withdrawals). We also have goals each year that we discuss and launching the blog was the deal for 2016!
We have been nominated for the Liebster Award twice from MyCrazyAshLife and Jay Colby (head over and check out their amazing blogs), we have surpassed our initial goal of 100 followers and doubled it. As of today we have 213 amazingly supportive readers. Remember to subscribe so you don’t miss a beat 🙂
Top Ten Things About Jade:
1) A True California girl
*San Diego by way of Point Loma ( Go Pointers ) and Bay Area for my high school years! California is my home and like anyone, we all have a special spot in our hearts for our home, mine just happens to be the great Sunshine State. California is my safe haven and maybe one day I can call it home again.
2) Pinterest Fanatic if you couldn’t guess it by now!
* I don’t know who invented this creation but shame on them for making it as addicting as ever. There’s not one day I go without looking through the Pinterest App on my phone. It’s exciting just to see the new pins every page I go on. I do however only go on ( Foods, Travel, Weddings, DIY, and home decor) everything….”gets NO LOVE”, but the search engine is the million dollar trade. I can look up sickness symptoms, housewarming gifts for co-workers, and the list just goes on and on. Whoever you are out there, BLESS YOU!
3) Secret Crushes on Michael B. Jordan & Trey Burke
*Lets just say…”Have you seen these two gentlemen”? Let me just remind you of them…lol I think ultimately I have a crush on Michael B. Jordan because he looks like my hunny boo. Why else right? And Trey? ha, he got lucky to be on my list …. ( just don’t tell him)
4) Obsessed with Cooking Shows/New Recipes
*From Pioneer Woman to the new Tia Mowry on the cooking show, I love them all. I have taken so many recipes from each show on the channel and just used it for references. I don’t make their main courses too much but they definitely inspire other dishes I like. Something about cooking just makes the world a happy place; and for me its fulfilling!
5) Absolutely hates working out
*I haven’t been hit by the workout bug, and I don’t foresee it anytime soon. I wish there was a magic spell to cast upon me and I will wake up and run 3 miles a day with ease. But the reality of it is, I hate it!!! I played college volleyball all 4 years and you would think it came natural to me? Ha, try again. NOPE!
6) New found love for gardening & plants (but hate bugs )
*Buying this house with my BF has opened my eyes to new adventures, one being Gardening! I haven’t started it yet ( HAHA ) but I have been researching on it a lot lately. Rikki, did her own strawberry garden and I’ve been wanting to do it for the longest now. I don’t eat much strawberries but I would love to get started on other veggies soon. I don’t like bees or bugs but I guess that something I’ll have to get over! Any advice or blogs please leave them in the comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7) Bargain shopper, I never pay full price for ANYTHING
*Thank my beautiful mother who passed this obsession on to me. When I say we pay for NOTHING full price, we don’t but I mean with the basics of life, not things that can’t be “discounted”. [ I promise to make a blog about this very subject ] . Shopping Apps, coupons, discount stores like TJ MAXX, and email promotions are my addictions to saving a few dollars here and there.
8) My first concert: Britney Spears
*Yup! In the 6th grade; 2 friends and her mother carried us to the “Oops! I did it again” concert and it was a blast! I was the epitome of 90’s Pop Culture and it only got worse after that! From Usher, to B2K all in high school….I thought I was the Shhhhhhhhhh! I miss going to concerts, If I could choose to go to any concert being that I’m 26 now, I would choose a Trey Songz or an old school mix, how amazing would that be? Rikki and I need to go to a Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood….its on our Best Friends Bucket List!
9) Adores all animals, some more than others!
*My new favorite pet I would love to have but I know Mr. Man would have a heart attack over is; A piglet !! Those little boogers are the cutest things were their small, but they grow fast and living in the suburbs with HOA’s, I don’t think that will fly, but I guess being in the country this long, you love animals.
10) I have the best boyfriend ever….soon to be Mrs. Summerville
* You know I couldn’t go one whole post with out mentioning my boo thang. And its True, we really bring out the best in each other, I’m lucky to have him ( as well as he is lucky to have me ) but I’m blessed to have a beautiful relationship with this man, drama-free, and trying to make the most out of this world God created for us. We are always wanting the next best thing in life, education and career and won’t settle for less!
Top 5 Things About Rikki:
- I love technology!
- Apple products are necessities in life. Anything dealing with technology, I love to read and research about. I’m also a trial and error type of learner, so technology provides you with the ability to explore with minimal damage. I work in the instructional design field so I love to be ahead of the game when it comes to new emerging tech tools that are coming out.
- Youtube is amazinggggg!
- 90% of the time I “Shop Small”
- I come from a business oriented family. I love to shop small and support the “little man.” My favorite site to find some awesome shops is Etsy! If you have never been on this site you are losing in life. From home decor, fashion, gifts, and little knick knacks. Below are some of my favorite shops. Soon we are going to start featuring them with a “Small Business Saturday” section!
- Cooking is Therapeutic
- As you see, Jade and I love to cook. I think I converted her to an at home chef when we were roommates in college. I love to watch Chopped, Cupcake Wars, and Hell’s Kitchen. They always think out the box and I love it. Growing up my Ma ALWAYS cooked. My first frozen dinner experience happened in college so she set the bar pretty high for my future family.
- Adulting sucks
- I just want to be a kid again. Bills, responsibility, adulting SUCKS! I know it’s a part of life but geez. Life is hard, and finding a balance between enjoying my twenties and planning for retirement is baffling.
Keep up with our “Simple Life” on Instagram @jade.rikki and Twitter @jadeandrikki. Once again, thank you for all your continued support.
Until Next Time,